In loving memory of James Cooper & James Kouzaris
About Always a Chance
- Why are we here?
- To help prevent violent crime amongst the nation’s youth as a testament to the legacy and memory of James Kouzaris and James Cooper, tragic victims of a senseless, violent crime themselves.
- What are our objectives?
- We want to tackle the endemic social causes of violent crime within the UK.
- We want to create a society where young people are given the necessary skills, confidence and incentives to flourish and, ultimately, turn their back on violence.
- We want to help the victims of violent crime and their families to overcome the emotional impact of a violent attack or the sudden death of a loved one.
- How will we achieve our aims?
Inspiring a generation
- The projects we fund will work with young people aged 16-25 who are outside of full time education and employment. The primary aim of these initiatives will be to encourage young people to re-enter the education system or to support them as they take the first steps into the world of employment.
- We aim to establish a robust network of support for the victims of violent crime and their families. The emotional impact of a sudden death or a serious violent attack has devastating consequences and the current level of support available is insufficient to meet demand. We aim to tackle this issue by funding existing support networks and funding our own post traumatic stress counsellors to work in specific regions of the UK.
- What’s our long term vision?
- We are a growing charity with huge ambition.We firmly believe that in the 21st century there is no place for needless violence and no excuse for allowing a generation to become disenfranchised and drawn into committing violent crime. We want to see a world where there is always a chance for any young person to achieve and a society which is united in making this vision a reality – together as one in the fight against violence…